Smooth IRT Vendor Transition
Cenduit underscores the importance of eClinical integration and professional services in enhancing the IRT-sponsor relationship
Research Triangle Park, NC – August 10, 2015 – Cenduit, a joint venture between Quintiles and Thermo Fisher Scientific, offers tips for sponsors to smoothly transition their Interactive Response Technology (IRT/IVR/IWR) vendor and why they shouldn’t wait until their trial needs to be rescued.
According to a 2015 market research report, the global clinical development outsourcing market will reach more than $64 billion by 2020, with contract research organizations (CROs) managing close to 72 percent of all clinical trials. As sponsors continue to adopt the outsourced model, sponsor-vendor relationships will play an increasingly pivotal role in the success of the clinical trial.
“Pharmaceutical and biotech companies are increasingly reliant on their CROs and vendor partners in areas like IRT to provide innovative, cutting-edge solutions,” said Jogin Desai, former CEO of Cenduit. “From professional services to eClinical integration, sponsors need to feel completely confident in the relationships they have established with their vendor partners.”
Given the importance of the vendor role in managing the clinical trial, Cenduit has outlined five proactive steps for sponsors to take in enhancing vendor relationships and ensuring a successful IRT vendor transition.
- Work with your IRT vendor to create an account management team with transition specialists. For IRT vendor transitions, Cenduit assigns a dedicated team of experts with experience on the sponsor side who can utilize their skills to maximize the impact vendor relationship management can have on a clinical trial.
- Develop appropriate governance, metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the transition goes as smoothly as possible. With a dedicated account team in place, you’ll have specialists who can help guide you through each step of the process from beginning to end.
- Develop a roadmap for your operational, study-specific and strategic needs alongside your new IRT vendor. With custom IRT solutions and reporting tools, sponsors can avoid getting sucked into a one-size-fits-all plan that often results in greater costs and delays.
- Once you have the blueprint in place, avoid having to build your system from scratch and re-establish standards during a transition. To minimize backtracking for customers, Cenduit utilizes a specification tool based on its own library so sponsors don’t need to conduct any additional User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Ensure IRT Integration with eClinical Systems. It’s a situation that’s too familiar in clinical trials today, but data needs to move easily between software platforms. Confirm your new IRT vendor has the ability to adapt and integrate with multiple eClinical systems.
It can sometimes feel like less of a hassle for a sponsor to accept a mediocre relationship with an IRT vendor when there is a clinical trial to manage, deadlines to be met and a “to do” list that goes on for days. By working with an experienced IRT vendor who can act as an extension of their clinical trial team, sponsors can smoothly walk through the steps of an IRT vendor transition and reap the benefits of a more reliable system driven by high-quality standards – from system build through trial completion.
For more information about IRT vendor transitions, download Cenduit’s Smooth IRT Vendor Transition Guide.