Insights On Using IRT To Solve Oncology Trial Challenges
As the largest Interactive Response Technology (IRT) specialist in the world, Cenduit has extensive experience in driving oncology clinical trials, with 55 cancer types studied in more than 10,000 sites worldwide. A joint venture between QuintilesIMS and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cenduit’s early phase oncology teams anticipate and address the complexities of studies through a combination of expert supply chain knowledge, complex randomization schemas and flexible IRT platform deployment.
“From early-stage adaptive trials to global late stage studies, oncology research is expanding at an unprecedented rate,” said Olivier Wagner, project manager at Cenduit. “These trials are unique, but the intricacies and challenges that accompany the studies can be solved through highly configurable IRT platforms.”
In addressing what are often complex and rapidly evolving studies, Cenduit shares its insights for how to tackle oncology trial challenges with IRT solutions.
Considerations for Oncology Trials
- Oncology trials are usually Phase I or II, and require complex trial designs like adaptive, basket or umbrella to handle safety and efficacy.
- Oncology studies often require adjustments to dosing. This can cause supply chain and manufacturing issues if not properly accounted for in trial planning.
- With small patient pools, oncology trials must often find subjects in multiple countries.
- Oncology patients are often required to travel for studies, have troubles with care coordination and must endure uncomfortable treatments.
Benefits of Implementing IRT Solutions
- Leading IRT platforms today are built for rapid deployment, with study build out in as quick as one week.
- A flexible IRT platform will enable randomization schemas to be altered on the fly for clinical trials, whether automated or manual. This can help study managers create a proactive monitoring system to ensure balance and overall success for almost any method.
- Supply chain management functions offer invaluable recommendations on manufacturing, supply chain and drug delivery throughout the oncology study. Clinical trial managers can also utilize Drug Accountability and Returns Management to track every unit of study medication.
- With IRT, paper records are a thing of the past. A robust suite of dashboards and reports provide the capability to continually monitor the health of a study.
- Patient engagement tools keep patients informed, engaged and motivated to participate in a clinical trial. These tools can eliminate the burden of reminder calls and follow up on missed appointments.
With rapid study startup software, clinical supply chain intelligence, clinical operations know-how and customer-centric CORE teams, Cenduit ensures oncology study needs are met on time and within budget. Other IRT-driven services include patient randomization and trial supply management (RTSM), integration, patient engagement and materials forecasting.