Cenduit LLC is the largest IRT (interactive response technology) specialist in the world with the expertise to empower study sponsors for success by implementing a completely personalized system that puts them in control of their clinical trials. Cenduit was founded in May 2007 and emerges from a robust tradition of clinical development and supply chain expertise from two world leaders, Quintiles and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Meeting the needs of investigator sites and patients, Cenduit offers clinical supply chain intelligence and clinical operations know-how through its IRT-driven services: rapid study start-up software, patient randomization (RTSM), patient reminders, drug supply management, and eClinical integration. Cenduit has over 500 experts worldwide in the US, UK, Switzerland, India and Japan, with clinical trial experience in more than 100 countries, interacting with more than 600,000 patients at more than 32,000 sites.
This position works within Cenduit’s Technology organization and is responsible for leading the core product software development team located in our Bangalore office, Cenduit’s largest location. The position reports to the VP of Technology for Cenduit and is a key role within the Technology organization, charged with the delivery of high-quality releases of Cenduit’s flagship IRT product on-time and within expectations.
The successful candidate must be deeply technical, capable of contributing code and architectural guidance to projects, shaping the agile release process, while managing the on-time delivery of multiple, concurrent, complex projects. The candidate should also have significant experience working within an agile, metrics driven, enterprise software product development organization with a fixed release schedule (Cenduit releases 3 times a year, with a goal of more).
- Bring leadership, discipline and enterprise software development best practices, such as unit testing, peer reviews, automation, and an agile approach to software development, to bear in the pursuit of on-time delivery of high-quality software.
- Collaborate with Cenduit R&D teams located in other geographic areas to ensure consistent approach, and pursuit of a single, global R&D team.
- Serve as a senior software architectural resource to the team in such areas as object-oriented design, services orientation, MVC/MVVM and design patterns.
- Advocate for, and lead the implementation of, new tools and process changes to ensure continuous improvement of the software development function within Cenduit.
- Work with other Technology department managers to develop architectural standards, and governance mechanisms to ensure adherence to standards.
- Ensure Cenduit policies and procedures are complied with; such as SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
- Manage Cenduit’s talented team of Bangalore-based Software Development and Quality Engineers including hiring, goal setting and annual reviews as well as workloads and prioritization of duties to ensure commitments are met.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12 years hands-on development experience with at least 5 years management experience leading a software development team.
- At least 5 years of experience with agile software development methodologies, SAFE experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with high-level enterprise architectural design patterns such as a services orientation and event-driven architectures.
- Experience managing the development of SaaS delivered enterprise software, preferably within the eClinical industry space such as IVR, EDC, CTMS, etc. or similarly regulated industry.
- Experience defining and implementing metrics to measure both quality and productivity
- Expert object oriented design and development skills.
- Deep experience with the Microsoft software development environment, specifically, web, services and windows development with C#.
- Deep experience with interactive web client frameworks such as Knockout.js and Angular.js
- Deep experience with source control (TFS), unit testing frameworks, automating builds, and other means of mitigating regression issues.
- Solid MS Sql Server experience, including database design, optimization and t-sql development.
- Demonstrated track record of leading software development teams.
- Knowledge of the drug development process and GCP a plus.
Why is Cenduit a great place to work? Visit The Muse to find out more!
Cenduit offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.