Senior Database Developer: R&D
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Cenduit LLC is the largest IRT (interactive response technology) specialist in the world with the expertise to empower study sponsors for success by implementing a completely personalized system that puts them in control of their clinical trials. Cenduit was founded in May 2007 and emerges from a robust tradition of clinical development and supply chain expertise from two world leaders, Quintiles and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Meeting the needs of investigator sites and patients, Cenduit offers clinical supply chain intelligence and clinical operations know-how through its IRT-driven services: rapid study start-up software, patient randomization (RTSM), patient reminders, drug supply management, and eClinical integration. Cenduit has over 500 experts worldwide in the US, UK, Switzerland, India and Japan, with clinical trial experience in more than 100 countries, interacting with more than 600,000 patients at more than 32,000 sites.
The Senior Database Developer position works within Cenduit’s Research & Development (R&D) department and is responsible for a variety of database development activities in support of Cenduit’s IRT platforms and ancillary solutions. This role leverages best practices around data modeling, replication, data warehousing, analysis, and integration to impact long-term performance, scalability, and reliability of solutions.
Primary duties will include designing and optimizing T-SQL stored procedures and/or queries, designing transactional and dimensional data models, and sharing knowledge on database best practices within a complex, virtualized, MS Windows environment
- Collaborate with software engineers to recommend and/or construct appropriate data models.
- Plan and implement data migration and integration between transactional systems, operational data stores, data warehouses, data marts, and external applications as needed.
- Liaise with application developers to design and maintain high-performing T-SQL queries, views, functions, and procedures.
- Troubleshoot query performance issues, recommending syntax improvements, indices, statistics, or other environmental changes as needed.
- Establish and maintain documentation for the database environment.
- Provide architectural guidance to ensure Cenduit’s environments are aligned to Microsoft and industry best practices.
- Provide inputs to IT on capacity needs related to anticipated future growth or other architectural changes.
- Work with other members of the Development and Validation teams within R&D to develop standards and drive adoption of those standards.
- Participate in larger department initiatives related to enhancing and/or upgrade Cenduit’s database platform.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and products related to databases and associated services/protocols.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent Database Development and optimization skills with passion for improvements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of SQL internals and underlying infrastructure.
- Ability to understand and translate front-end requirements to back-end components.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work with teams in different geographical locations.
- Accuracy, with an eye for detail.
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in Computer science, Software engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in T-SQL development, Data Modeling, and performance optimization.
- At least 3 years of SSRS, SSIS, Service Broker, and ETL processing experience
- Strong grasp of features and capabilities of recent versions of MS-SQL (2008 R2 – 2016 SP2).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting transactional replication in an Enterprise environment.
What We Offer You:
- Security – we are celebrating our 10th year of continued growth and success!
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
- Medical insurance effective day one
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Medical & Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account and PPO Options
- Employer paid Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Employer paid Basic Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Reimbursement Program
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Parental Leave
- PTO and paid holidays
Why is Cenduit a great place to work? Visit The Muse to find out more!
Cenduit offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.