Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Cenduit LLC is the largest IRT (interactive response technology) specialist in the world with the expertise to empower study sponsors for success by implementing a completely personalized system that puts them in control of their clinical trials. Cenduit was founded in May 2007 and emerges from a robust tradition of clinical development and supply chain expertise from two world leaders, Quintiles and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Meeting the needs of investigator sites and patients, Cenduit offers clinical supply chain intelligence and clinical operations know-how through its IRT-driven services: rapid study start-up software, patient randomization (RTSM), patient reminders, drug supply management, and eClinical integration. Cenduit has over 500 experts worldwide in the US, UK, Switzerland, India and Japan, with clinical trial experience in more than 100 countries, interacting with more than 600,000 patients at more than 32,000 sites.
The Financial Analyst is a member of the Finance team, and works closely with the Legal/Contracts, Sales, and Project Management team(s). Person will be responsible for the consistent application of revenue recognition policies and procedures, including the preparation and reconciliation of billing and revenue transactions. This role requires strong organization skills, as well as the ability to execute tasks with a highly developed attention to detail.
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting and regular financial analysis of the assigned business / shared service function.
- Creates and analyzes monthly management reports with detail financial analysis for key customer accounts to share with leadership team.
- Assist with the review of contracts, work orders, and statements of work to identify appropriate billing and revenue recognition issues.
- Review customer agreements with billing schedules and customer invoicing setup; to ensure internal revenue recognition and billing policies are met.
- Complete all month-end activities related to Revenue Reconciliations, Go-live updates and Study close-out reconciliations.
- Maintain revenue accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure U.S. GAAP compliance.
- Identify areas for process improvement that lead to automation of contract setup, revenue recognition and collections, and improve customer satisfaction with regards to billing.
- Compute and analyse deferred costs from time sheets and other project data.
- Provide support for financial audit activities.
- Other projects as necessary and appropriate to support the Finance team.
- Highly developed skill in all of the following areas:
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including, but not limited to, VLookups, HLookups, analysing data utilizing Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts, and presenting data utilizing various charts).
- Experience with recurring billing schedules, SaaS revenue recognisation model preferred
- Basic accounting knowledge (ex. Basic understanding of Balance Sheets, Income Statements, debits/credits, etc.)
- Experience with Binary Streams software preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains and PowerPoint preferred
- Knowledge of U.S Accounting standards and Requirements
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; preference for Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Minimum of 4+ years relevant experience
- Revenue recognition and financial analysis experience required
Why is Cenduit a great place to work? Visit The Muse to find out more!
Cenduit offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.